Monday, November 06, 2006

Travelling without moving

If you can not travel for real, there are ways you can pretend you are travelling. Today I suddenly found myself in southern France, racing the Tour de France! And still I never left Stockholm; I just went to my local fitness club! I went there to join a body combat class, but the class turned out to be full and I was suggested to join a spinning class instead. It was a long time ago since I did any spinning, but why not… Once there I found out the class was called Tour de France and the idea is that the class follows a different section of the real race every time. Unfortunately for me, this; the sixteenth section supposedly was the toughest, uphill, uphill, uphill. Oh my God, I am not sure I will be able to get out of bed tomorrow. But, hey, I have been to France on a Monday evening…

Another way of travelling without moving is of course to let someone else do the travelling for you. This weekend I watched the film; Borat!: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan. All I can say is; go and see and have a good laugh! It is hilarious! If you have read the travel guide; Molvania, A Land Untouched by Modern Dentistry, and liked it, you will love this movie. If you haven’t read the book or watched the film, you have a lot to look forward to!

No comments: