Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Change of Environment

I have now arrived in Dubai and I must say it feels great!! I still haven’t seen much of the city, although it felt like it took ages from the airport to the hotel, but it all looks like one huge construction site.


My hotel; Oasis Beach Hotel, from the street.


The street outside the hotel.



But the hotel is so nice!! As I never go on “normal” holidays it is the first time I ever stay in a hotel like this one.



It is directly on the beach, a beautiful beach, and has a huge pool area and all the amenities you can expect from a nice hotel.



My room and my balcony overlook the pool and the beach, very nice. Almost directly after checking in I went swimming, at sunset. The water was so warm; I have never swum in such warm water, much warmer than the air at that time. A sign said it was 27 degrees in the sea!

As I completely mixed up the days of my arrival here, I thought I would arrive the 25and only this morning I was made aware of the fact that today is the 24.th, my guide will not have that much time for me tomorrow.

I guess I will be satisfied with just lying on the beach with my book, but maybe I will go out for some sightseeing on my own as well. No matter how nice the hotel, I am starting to get a little bit fed up at hanging out in hotels. But I do think I could live in a place like Dubai. I definitely have to come up with a plan on how to move to a warmer country anyway, because 13 degrees and rain does not sound to tempting!

No comments: