Sunday, June 15, 2008

Freezing in Dubai

So now I am sitting waiting for a long time at the Dubai International Terminal 2 again. It is no hit! There is really not much to do. We landed at terminal 1 shortly after one o’clock (night), took a taxi and are now sitting on hard wooden chairs waiting for the check-in desk to open. The flight is scheduled for 07:30. God knows when it actually will leave. It is now 04:00.

It is so ironic; Outside it is steaming hot, but inside it is freezing cold. I am wearing all my warm clothes and still freezing. Ok, we know you have AC, but can you please learn to regulate it?!?! Ok, it might also depend on the fact that I haven’t slept for ages. I am considering joining the Pakistanis and Afghanis who are waiting outside the terminal. Sometimes I wonder why I do this. Have I reached a point where I have had enough of travelling?!

It is also something of an irony to hear them play Swedish music at the airport with all the flights to places like Kabul, Luanda, Peshawar, Kandahar, Bagdad, Teheran, Kish, Mashad, Gheshem. For the first hour we were sitting here they played only Roxette.

I hope we won’t have as much delay as last time as I have a meeting already on Sunday afternoon and I really feel I could do with some sleep before that meeting.

However, this time I think I will really try to get a stopover here in Dubai on the way back and this time it might actually work out…

No comments: