Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Rio calling

So, I have arrived in a foreign country again. Foreign in the sense that it is the first time I am here. I have never been to Rio or Brazil before. However foreign is not the first impression I had. In many ways it feels very “normal” but then again, I still haven’t seen anything, just the drive in from the airport a few blocks of Ipanema and Ipanema beach. But from what I have seen so far; I like it!
As always I felt it immediately stepping out of the plane, the soft, humid, tropical heat that I so love. All of the sudden my winter jacket that I had been wearing when I left Stockholm and was now tucking away in a plastic bag, felt like the most absurd piece of clothing. How can that be that we wear those things? It can not be meant to be!
The drive in from the airport showed me a very varied cityscape; high-rises, slums, industry, parks, hills, water and beaches in a complete mix. I look forward to explore it more!

My room is very small, I think the smallest I have ever stayed in and unfortunately it also has a smell of urine, but outside the window there are rotten mangoes with there specific smell. But the area where it is very nice and as far as I have understood hotels are both expensive and hard to get so it is ok. AND the writer if The Girl from Ipanema has lived In this very houds. How cool isn’t that!?

Well, now I am tired and will try to get some sleep. Tomorrow is a new day and I didn’t get much sleep last night. Was asking my self a couple of times during the flight tonight why we do these things to us, I dislike flying more and more, but then again this morning it felt good again!

No comments: