Tuesday, October 04, 2011

Brazil-Peru-Argentina-Brazil

Tomorrow it is time to go travelling again!
I have now finished my work in Brasília, but am not heading back to Sweden just yet. Although I am not going for the huge long trip that this might sound like, I will only be away for two weeks. But I will go out of Brazil.
Tomorrow I am flying to Cuzco from where I will go to Machu Pichu and stay there for a couple of days. Then I will fly to Buenos Aires, a city I have always wanted to see and have great expectations on. There I will stay five days before finishing off with a couple of days in Rio, where I hope I will get some sun and beach. The weather forecast did not look too promising though, rain and 12 degrees might be what I kind of expected for Machu Pichu, but the last couple of days made me have higer hopes for BA. But somehow it seems that according to the forecast the rain will be following me, nice in the places when I am not there but then rain when  I arrive. However, I often have better luck with weather than the forecast says (except for Morro de São Paulo though). We will see.

I feel a little badly prepared for the trip though. I haven't had time to read anything aboug Machu Pichu and Cuzco. For Buenos Aires I at least have a book, but haven't had time to read very much, in BA I still haven't booked a hotel and will arrive on a Saturday, which doesn't seem like the best idea., so I am up for surprises :-) but hope it will be fine.

Since the banks in Brazil are on strike I haven't been able to get USD;s which might have been a good idea, now I will have to hope for working ATM:s.

No comments: