Friday, September 15, 2006

Turning blue

Oh! I am not talking about me, although I indeed feel a bit sad about leaving Harare, but that seems to be the story of my life; to leave a place exactly when I really start to like the place. And it is no reference to the elections in Sweden this coming Sunday either. It is simply a description of the city I am still living in.

Supposedly Harare has the highest concentration of jacarandas in the world. No matter whether that is true or not, there are a lot of them, and they are just about to blossom, meaning that whole streets, parks and gardens are full of clear blue trees. Some of them also covered with blood red or purple bougainvilleas. The whole town is turning blue. Absolutely fabulously beautiful!




Today is my last day at work here. And the beginning of the rest of my life! I will start by catching up with the local running club this afternoon, maybe some party this weekend or some trip outside of town, maybe a charity-run on Sunday (have to live up to my goodrun name!) and then on Monday I am off to Victoria Falls. That is if the old Chinese built air-planes of Air Zimbabwe are still flying. After Vic Falls I am off to Hwange for some safari. Next weekend back in Harare and on Monday 25 I am off to Sweden again! No-one knows what will happen after that. I just quit my job in Stockholm, which means I am for hire!!!

So, maybe there will not be so much news here for a while as I will be in the wilderness! But I will catch up and keep you informed whenever I can.

Big Hugs to you all!

No comments: