Sunday, January 13, 2008

Really Travelling Again?!

It seems I am really getting into some serious travelling again. It seems we are really going to Afghanistan. This trip, that is to be the kick of for future projects, has been due for sooo long. I only got seriously involved in November/December and we were planning to go there in December, but there was just so much trouble with the whole planning so we postponed the whole thing to January. I was still worried it would not work out, but now it seems we are really going! Ok, we still don’t have the definite booking and our visas haven’t arrived yet etc etc. But it is all under way!!

As it has been this much hassle with it all I don’t really think I have fully understood I might be in Afghanistan in a week, but it is slowly starting to sink in. It will be very exciting, but as ever a bit frustrating. When travelling professionally one can of course not stay as long and see as much as I would like to and also not learn as much about the country as I would love. I have been reading quite some, but most of it is focused on what is relevant for the projects of course. Ok, I still have a week to read and learn!

No comments: