Wednesday, January 09, 2008

New Year but still Problems of the Developed World

I am having another one of those luxury problems of the developed world. Just came back from a nice and relaxing trip to friends in Holland and in France. I France I had the opportunity to visit the local weekend market. I got completely carried away by all the delicacies and after having spent some time with a lot of friends around I just felt it was not enough to buy a little to take with me home, but I had to take a lot! Or maybe it was just that I could not make my mind up what to take. Back at home I realise that in my one person house hold not so much delicacies are consumed. So now my fridge is swelling over of sausages, ham, pâtés and foie gras. I just don’t know what to do with it. On top of that I also forgot that I already had a big piece of prosciutto that my sister brought from Italy. What to do?? Invite my colleagues over for cold cuts and wine?? Can one deep freeze these things? It would be horrible just to keep it until I have to throw it all away. Talk about having a luxury problem!!

Or maybe the real problem is that I don’t have a life here and people I can invite to come and eat it together with me?!

Anyhow, the trip to Holland and France was great.

No comments: