Sunday, April 06, 2008

Me, Myself and I...

Yes I DID go to Afghanistan!!
And on request I am now posting some pictures of me wearing a shawl/head scarf. However you will not see me wearing a burqa, although I did get one, given to me as a gift, but I did not wear it. But I learnt that in Afghanistan they, at least some, actually call it "buqra"!! I wonder how and where we got it wrong?! I also tried to find out why almost all burqas/buqras are light blue, but without success. I believe they simpliy think it is a nice colour.




With a tank in the Pansjir Valley, next to Massouds tomb.



With some more military paraphernalia, outside the camp in Mazar.



On TV-hill, with Kabul in the background.



In front of the bombed-out royal palace in Kabul.



At the market, in one of the villages we passed on our trip up the Pansjir Valley.

No comments: