Monday, January 24, 2011

Where I am staying

As you might have understood from what I wrote earlier about the place I am staying in, it is not exactly the Sheraton.



Not the Sheraton, but nice, laid back and funky. Posada Bonita



It is nice but rather simple, more like a backpackers’ place. Therefore it is a little difficult to know what level of service to expect. The first morning I wondered if someone would clean the room during the day and came to the conclusion that daily cleaning maybe was not to be expected. So I made my bed at least halfway and put away some stuff only to come back in the evening and find the bed properly made and the room cleaned. Good, I thought the next morning and didn’t care about making the bed at all. That evening no one had cleaned the room. So new conclusion; cleaning is every second day and I arranged myself accordingly. However that morning the cleaning staff probably just forgot my room because since the room have been cleaned daily.

There is very little space to put away things in the room. There is no wardrobe and just one small hanger and a bench where I can put all my clothes and stuff. This morning I rearranged things in new piles to make it a little more tidy and organised and also to make it easier for the staff to clean the floor. When I came back tonight it was all rearranged in another way and it took me quite some time to find what I was looking for.

The next thing to figure out and what I am actually wondering about is how long a guest has to stay to get new sheets and towels.





Right outsid the place where I am staying you see this new fancy lift going up the hill to the nearby favela.







During night it is very brightly and colourfully lit, which makes it look even more like something from outer space and almost ironic compared to the standard of the favela houses.

No comments: