Friday, April 01, 2011

Arrived in Brasília

So, I just arrived in Brasília! Not too much to say after having seen just the way from the airport to the embassy and a supermarket. But it is very green and lush and looks kind of nice. A positive first impression! Somehow it reminds me a little of Harare, but I think it might just be that it is at approximate the same latitude so I guess the light is the same and maybe the climate too.

It was a bit of a strange feeling going to the supermarket to do some shopping the first thing in the morning before 7 pm, freshly arrived in a new country where you don't speek the language. I felt a little bit lost, but still I like it. Just walking around among the shelves and see what they have and try to figure out what you want. And, actually, this is the first time I am posted in a country where I at least have sat my foot before! :-)

No comments: