Friday, April 15, 2011

Capital Fashion Week

I made a visit to the Brasilia Capitol Fashion Week tonight. Not that I have been to any real fashion show before, but I must say I thought it would be more…. fashion. It was not very glamorous. There was not even a place where you could get a glass of wine in the break between the shows (let alone champagne).



I had tickets for three shows, but the first one started already at 17.30 and I didn’t finish work early enough to make it to that one. The second one started at 19.30. This being Brazil I never thought it would start at 19.30, but it got even later than I expected. I arrived about 19.40 and got into the hall at about ten minutes later but the show didn’t start until 20.10. For a while I thought this would mean the last show would get even more delayed, but then it turns out the whole show was over in ten minutes! I might have been able to remain seated as I had tickets also for the next show, but did not really wanted to sit there for so long so I went out to see what was going on in the lounge, which was not very much. Then there was a long queue to get in again so I gave up and decided to go home instead. It was actually more interesting to watch the visitors than the show. As the show I watched was displaying men’s wear, it was actually more interesting to watch the models then the clothes.

However I was really proud that this time I managed to call and order a taxi all by myself when it was time to get back. Not that I understood everything the operator said, but the taxi came! :-)

No comments: