Sunday, May 08, 2011

Niemeyermania

Saturday I took the time to go down to Brasília's heart of power, the Praca Três Poderes, the Three Power's Square, with my camera. Until now I have only passed by car or visited the places on business meetings when taking pictures was not a good idea.
This is not only where the legislative, executive and judiciary powers meet, this is also the heart of Oscar Nimeyer land.

I am aware of that it might look very empty, strange and eerie on the pictures, but on site I must say it has a very special atmosphere and the builidings are actually quite beautiful.




The Congress. The sphere for the Senate and the bowl for the Chamber.









Ministry of Justice






The presidential palace









The Supreme Court






Ministry of Foreign Affairs

No comments: