Monday, May 30, 2011

In Salvador

Right now I am on holiday in Salvador de Bahia. It is very nice. Above all it is very nice just to be in a normal city, where you can take a walk in the streets and where you see people in the streets and can find something to eat or drink where ever you are. And where the streets have names! Today I managed to find my way all on my own even without a map after having jumped off the bus a bit randomly. This is a city with normal logic. And it is by the ocean. Oh how I love the scent of the ocean. There is however another smell that I could do without. Obviously Brazilian men have one bad habit in common with Swedish men and that is peeing in the streets. My goodness how it stinks at times.
Unfortunately my camera decided it was a good time to stop function just when I arrived at the Pelurinho, the main tourist attraction today. Very bad timing. But my mobile makes pretty good pictures as well. Will post some later.

No comments: