Sunday, October 09, 2011

Bad start

Arrived in Buenos Aires. Not the best start, but I am sure it will get better. By saying not the best it was because the flight here was not great, and the hotel is a big disappointment. Not that I had big expectations but anyway... The thing is there seems to be so many nice hotels in Buenos Aires and the big thing is all the stylish boutique hotels that everyone is talking about. And then there are the areas, everyone told me you should either stay in Palermo, Recoleta or maybe San Telmo. That is also what I was looking for before I booked, but for several different reasons I could not book early and when time was starting to get crusial most of the nice hotels didn't have room for the period I wanted to stay or were really expensive. As I arrived on a Saturday evening most of the hotels could only offer room from Sunday, and somehow if you are only staying for a few days anyway you might not want to have to move. I had also asked our travel agency for suggestions and gotten some that had rooms available, but none of them looked really tempting. However, as time ran out I had to book something so I just sent a mail to the agency asking them to book in one of the suggested hotels. As none of them were in any of the areas I would have liked to stay in I went for the one that seemed best situated from a logistical point of view.
That said I really did not have high expectations when I arrived here, but was anyway disappointed. The hotel is called Dazzler Suites which sounds promising, but I thing the "suit" part only refers to that the room has a small pentry. I must stay this hotel room is one of the most depressing places I have ever stayed in. The floor is covered by some horrible carpet that seems really dirty, the walls are painted in some creemish/yellowish colour but with lot of stains and marks. The "living room" has two horribly ugly once white fake leather chairs, the rest of the furniture is black and of a kind you would normally find in some dorms from the 70:s. There are no paintings or decoration of any kind or anything with some colour. The TV is really old and the remote control doesn't work. There are two narrow beds squeezed into a small bedrom and the bathroom could have needed some renovation a while ago. And the whole place seems to be very loud in the way that you hear a lot from the neighbours, luckily not from the street however. If it wasn't for the fact that I had paid in advancce I would have tried to find another hotel from tomorrow. But hey... more the reason for spending less time at the hotel and more time on town. I hope the hotel will be the only disappointment in Buenos Aires..

No comments: