Saturday, October 08, 2011

On the move

Sitting at the airport of Lima on the way from Cusco to Buenos Aires. Until now everything has been so smooth here in Peru, so I was almost surprised about the hassle at the airport in Cusco. For the first time I have experienced more complications on a domstic flight than international. In Cusco there was a huge line for the check-in counter. I was there in good time, but anyway I kind of realised this would not work. Anyhow, I lined up like everyone else.The staff from LAN walking along the line however said there was time. But after half an hour I had only moved a couple of meters and I caught his attention again, sayin hey, time is moving much faster that this line. The all of a sudden he realised he had to do something and sent me off to another line and then I was checked in. But still there was a lot of hassle around the security and boarding. Just, simply messy.
I have also experiences some more hassle att immigration than normally. I never ever am asked question at immigration and normally it is a really fast process. But here, and in Brazil they made extra fuss because I am travelling on a diplomatic passport. I could have travelled on my normal passport, but since I entered Brazil on the diplomatic and will re-enter before I leave I had to travel on the diplomatic.

No comments: