Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Coming Home

It is a strange feeling to be back home again. It is at the same time very familiar and normal and very different and strange. At the same time it feels like I have been away for a very long time and as if I haven't been away at all.

My apartment looks very much the same as I remembered it but at the same times it feels as if I have never lived here. Most of my things are here, but still a lot of things are missing and many of the things that are here are in different places that were I normally keep them. It takes a while to find my ways around the place again. It is funny the way you rememer and forget. I have to find out again which keys goes to which doors and how the dishwasher works and what kind of waste is to be recycled and what not here. Very basic and everyday things.

This morning I woke up by my Swedish phone ringing. While in Brazil I didn't use to answer that one unless I knew how it was that called and if I believed it to be important, so my first reflex was just to switch it off. Then I started to think if it wasn't so that I arrived in Sweden yesterday. After having thought about it for a few seconds I decided that I was really in Sweden and I could answer the phone (the number was withheld). When I answered it turned out that it was a good friend from Brazil that called! Which added more to the confusion!

No comments: