Friday, October 07, 2011

Peru

I must say I like Peru this far! Already at the airport in Lima I was very surprised of how modern it seemed, eventhough I quite immediatly met two men with cages with live chickens at the airport!! When I first heard the sound of chicken I thought it was some ironic joke, but then I saw them. And they were for real. But apart from thet everything seemed very modern and effective and people spoke English and were used to handle foreigners, something you don't see in Brasilia!

In Cusco everyone is very professional and helpful and most people speak some English, and even if they don't they have a wonderful patience with my strange mix of Portuguese, Italian and Spanish. Of course Cusco lives from tourism and need to treat their guests welll, but this is not always the case in all tourist destination. In some places you get the feeling they only want to milk as much money ouf of you as possible while you are there but don't give a damn whether you will come back or what you will tell your friends when you come back home. This feeling I didn't have in Cusco.

Not really in Aguas Calliente or Machu Picchu either, although here it is more obvious that it is a professional tourism industry. People are however still very nice.

No comments: