Friday, October 07, 2011

A rough night

The view from my hotel room
I had a rather interesting night in Aguas Calliente, but not in the way I would have likes. The thing is that I am really not feeling very well. My cold just won’t give up and yesterday night I was really tired and didn’t have appetite enough to have dinner. Because of my cold I felt incredibly sensitive to smells and as soon as I felt the smell of any kind of food I felt slightly nauseous so I decided to give up and go to bed early. But as my hotel is just by the train station and my room facing the station, with a very nice view over the mountains and the river, it also get all the noise from the station. I read about this before I came here but other travellers wrote it didn’t matter that much as the trains stop running at 10 PM. In a way I think they did, but then at some moments during the night there was a horrible noise again. Maybe the trains didn’t move, but there was for sure some work going on and at moments I thought they were almost coming in through the wall. So even if it was a long night of sleep it was quite brutally interrupted at times and I still feel a little dizzy.

No comments: