Friday, March 09, 2012

Almost at Cape Point...

Yesterday we had planned to drive down to Cape Point. On the way we wanted to stop by at the wineries in Constantia, first Klein Constantia because that's my friend's favourite and then I suggested Buitenverwachting because I had read about it. In my friends opinon this would go very fast "you don't need to stay long at a winery". I was a little sceptic. And I was right!
At Klein Constantia it took us quite a time just to taste the wines and buy some and enjoying the surroundings, but even more so at Buitenverwachting. I had suggested we could have lunch there, but my friend thought we would be there too early. It turned out it was already two o'clock when we got there. They have a really lovely lunch option where you get a delicious picnic basked and get to sit under the trees in the garden. Although this you have to book in advance, which we hadn't done. However yesterday seemed to be our lucky day so there was some people who had booked but did not show up. So we got there picnic for three for the two of us. Absolutely delicious!!


Our lovely picnic!


 Just a pity I could not really drink wine as I had to drive, but maybe that was good too, if I had been drinking wine, we might still have been there.



At least we managed to get to Boulder and see the pinguins and had a nice swim among the pinguins.

No comments: