Thursday, March 15, 2012

Kruger Safari

This elephant tried to attack us
 I realise I haven't been writing much here from my southafrican trip although I have seen and experienced a lot, but maybe that is exactly why. However now I have arrived at the Kruger area, although I will only enter the park itself tomorrow. Today I arrived at the Thornhill lodge an had a safari drive in one of the private reserves and I got really lucky!! First I was lucky with the company, two very nice girls from Germany, Tessa and Manuela. They told me about all the animals they had already seen and I got a little worried we would not have the same luck now, but we had. In just three hours we saw all the Big Five!!! Very close up! An elephant even tried to attack us.



leopard cubs

Lioness

 In a way I thought the rangers might have been a little too focused on finding the big five and did not pay much attention to other animals we passed on the way, but I guess that's what people come for. When I asked about some bird, they seemed a little surprised and often did not know, but from what I heard at dinner about tomorrows ranger he knows a lot about everything, even birds. And from what I understood I am going to get a private drive tomorrow so I guess I will be able to see and ask a lot!! Sometime it is good to travel off season! I am so happy! I love safaris!! I
A handsome male giraffe from the Kruger park


Black rhino


No comments: