Saturday, March 03, 2012

Arrived in Cape Town

So, now I have arrived in Cape Town! And it feels good!!
All the way until now I have not really had much time to think about this trip or make any plans for it and at times it even felt like a bad idea going here. I have been working a lot and neen very busy and tired, which made me somehow feel I really needed holiday, but also thinking maybe I should have choosen a place where I have been before and am familiar with, somehow I didn't really felt ready for a "new" country. However, all the time I kind of knew I would like it once I came here and so it is!
Immediately on arrival I felt good. I was a little surprised how calm and well organised everyting was at the airport and on the way to the guest house. I was also struck by how friendly everyone I have met is. And somehow it feels very "normal". It does not feel like a unknown country. Staying at this guest house feels like staying at home with friends (and dogs!)
Ok, I admit I haven't really seen anything yet. But considering the number of hours I have spent here I have seen quite a lot anyhow. As always I seem to be landing running. Already as we shortly landed in Johannesburg on the way here I got a sms about that today is the day of Cape Town Pride and that we should go there. So I landed, took a shuttle to the guest house, had a shower and changed clothes, then my friend came and we went for lunch and then to the pride party. So, you can say I have seen something. Met a lot of nice people and seen the most fabulous transvestites.  I like this place! Among all, and what firsts struck me and what I have missed since I left Brazil is the colours! Finally I get to see colours again!! I love it!!
Looking forward to see more tomorrow! And the coming two weeks!

No comments: